Saturday, May 21, 2011

Back to school

I've spent two mornings at Cody's school this week helping out in the classroom. It has been so much fun but a huge eye opener to what this next generation could be like. We are so lucky to have such a wonderful teacher this year. She does an amazing job and believe me, she has her hands full!! What really surprised me, and I guess it really shouldn't but there are some kids in Cody's class that have real issues and it doesn't seem like the parents help them. I am in no place to judge others but I just know how important early intervention is. Some of these kids have real emotional problems. It's sad and makes you want to give them a big hug and help them in any way you can. It's a bit overwhelming. One of my jobs was to help one child with his spelling test. He totally shut down and kept saying that he didn't study and doesn't know his sounds. When I heard that it made me a bit angry towards his parents. I know that parents these days have a lot of their shoulders but if you choose to have children you need to help them be successful. I know what it is like to have a special needs child and how much support and studying he needs to do.
Any how, I will definitely be back to help out and am glad that I have the time to do so. My plea...parents, please help your children be successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment