Friday, June 3, 2011

Cody had a spirit assembly at his school today. The kids get awards if they've accomplished something in the past few months. Cody received an award for his Perseverance. He has worked pretty hard this year and we are very proud of him. All but one reading test is done for this school year. Next we are having Cody get a Psycho Educational Evaluation. These are subject specific testing to address behavior health problems and to see exactly where he's at in his academics so we know what to work on this summer and be prepared for come next school year. We were also informed that his principal will be retiring this year. We really loved our school principal and she has helped Cody out so much. We can only hope that the next one will be as flexible and loving towards Cody. We are anxious to find out who Cody's second grade teacher will be. I have been doing my research and hope I don't annoy his teacher too much. Daniel and I have continued helping out in Cody's class and we really enjoy it. The kids are very loving and are always excited when you show up to help. It's been a great experience this year. A lot has happened. We are very grateful for everyone who has supported us!
Cody getting his award from the principal

2 comments:

  1. Chanda, It's your Aunt Collette. I just found your blog. Don't know if you know or not, but this is right up my alley. I would love to share some information with you regarding intervention options for children with ADHD. Email me: mcesmk@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete