Tuesday, June 28, 2011

another med...

Well, just a short note to say that we went to the Dr. yesterday for Cody's annual physical/well check and spent the whole time discussing his meds. Cody now needs to have an EKG to see if he has a long QT wave length...or something with the QT and seeing if he has some heart problems before adding new meds. We may be adding a new med to tame the hyperactivity that his meds (Strattera) now is not controlling. We also discussed turrets disorder and how it's a motion disorder. We spent about 30-45min. going over what meds control what symptoms. It kind of made my head spin because there are so many different symptoms lumped under ADD disorder. I am grateful that I have Daniel to talk calm me down when I leave the Dr.'s office. He processing things quicker than I do. I need some time to let all the info sink in and then I am ready to start doing more research on the new info.
Daniel and I are also going to Cody's psychologist tomorrow to discuss the results of his Psycho Educational Analysis. I will admit I am a bit overwhelmed and am hoping we get good news that he's on track and should be prepared for the second grade. I will update after we have our parents meeting tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment