Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Discouraged

We started third grade last week and already Cody is doubting himself. He took a addition, subtraction, and multiplication test last week. He stressed about it big time after I picked him up that day. I reassured him that he did fine as long as he tried his best. I hate to start the new school year like this. He has complained that third grade is too hard. I am doing my best to be positive and give off a positive vibe so he doesn't know that deep down I am stressed that he's stressed. Not to mention I spoke to his teacher and they don't have access to the district files and they don't have a written copy of his IEP...what...seriously!!!?? I spent this morning talking to the office and the RSP teacher to let them know he qualifies for services. I have to bring in my own copy of his IEP to show his teacher. Needless to say, I am stressed.

2 comments:

  1. Chanda-
    I am so sorry. Hailey is in first grade now, and I am experiencing the "school" thing now, and wow, it is so hard.
    Keep us posted. You will do great and so will he. You and your boys(daniel too) are such a fabulous team, and you have conquered so much, and this too, you will conquer!!!!
    Hang in there!!
    Lots of love-
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did the right thing by going to the office. Is he on an IEP or 504? Either way, the copy from last year should be right there in his school file. What has happened since this post? If you have concerns that the current IEP of 504 needs revisions (an addendum) you can request a meeting to discuss with the team. Good luck. (Collette)

    ReplyDelete